This unique micro-sized pulley is the hub of many modern, DdRT (doubled rope technique) climbing systems and affords a variety of highly-efficient rope working techniques. Step inside and check out our link to The Hitch Climber Guide to the Universe (pdf) for more on this climbing marvel.
Taking the place of conventional fairlead pulleys, the Hitch Climber helps organize carabiners, reducing the probability of poor configurations such as cross loading. It doesn’t matter if you are ascending or descending, carabiners tend to be kept in the correct alignment. A complete second climbing system (or lanyard) can be added to the spare hole, making it easier to traverse between two anchors. There are even rescue and load hauling functions.
- Triple attachment points for special applications
- Hot forged 2014 T6 aluminum side plates provide strength and durability
- Heat treated 174PH stainless steel spindles for high strength and corrosion resistance
- Pre-lubricated sintered bronze bearings for ultra smooth operation
- Riveted and tamperproof assembly
- Recommended for arborists and rescue applications
- Rapide version incorporates roller bearing sheave for higher efficiency
- Individually marked for traceability
- Suitable for up to 14mm diameter ropes
- Efficiency: 70%