A traditional mirror sighting compass commonly used by serious compass users such as hikers, mountaineers, backpackers and hunters.
A mirror sighting compass should be your choice when you must determine direction over long distances. With the mirror tilted to a 45-degree angle, you can check your direction by looking at the bezel in the mirror while sighting in the correct direction of travel. Because you needn’t lift your eyes from the compass in order to look into the terrain, the direction determined with the Silva 1-2- 3 System® becomes more accurate.
Guide features DryFlex™ grip for easy handling and comes with a use-anywhere declination scale inside the capsule. The base plate offers map-measuring in inches and scales of 1:62.5k mile & 1:24k USGS scale. The red/black north-south lines in the capsule bottom ensures easy and safe settling. The scales and markings in a clear contemporary font combined with lots of transparency in the baseplate makes navigating easier. The needle is made from finest Swedish steel with high quality magnetic features. A go-anywhere tool for serious compass users.
- Detachable lanyard with safety release
- Map measuring scales of 1:24k, 1:62.5k mile, inch (1/20th)
- DryFlex™ Rubber grip allows easy handling of the compass/great grip
- Turnable housing usable with the SILVA 1-2-3 System®Declination scale inside the capsule to simplify the calculations required
- Mirror sighting when you must determine direction over long distancesNight use / luminous markings enable night time navigation up to 4 hours once activated by daylight/flashlight
- Robust material withstands tough treatment and conditions
- Red/black N/S lines in capsule ensure easy and safe settling