Built for extreme work environments, Texora’s Black Mamba represents a breakthrough in technical safety and versatility. Its para-aramid fiber core has a 450ºC (842ºF) melting point, and high resistance to cuts, impacts, abrasion, fire, and acids. The PES elastane sheath protects and contains the inner fibers in a lightweight, low-profile, and easy to handle package. Classified to EN standards for two person loads and rated to 49 kN (11,016 LBF) MBS, the Mamba is ultra strong for anchor building, yet compact enough to carry on the harness or in a pocket. It’s the ideal tool for rescue and access in the harshest conditions.
The breaking force of this equipment exceeds all requirements of the listed standards, yet it remains supple, lightweight, and low volume. Black Mamba slings are firm and flexible, maintaining their shape when wrapping around overhead structures or getting into hard to reach places. Their exceptionally high strength opens options for using choker configuration (girth hitch). There is no heavy hardware to carry and maintain, and each sling packs down nicely for transport. It is recommended to follow best practices for inspecting equipment, using edge protection, and placing slings around low diameter structures.
- Versatile anchor sling and lanyard for rescue and access
- Resistant to cuts, impacts, abrasion, fire, and acids
- Ultra strong and durable with 49 kN MBS (11,016 LBF) end to end
- Classified to EN standards and rated for a two-person load
- Internal core: Para-Aramid Fiber, melting point 450ºC (842ºF)
- External cover: Polyester Elastane Sheath, melting point 230ºC (446ºF)
- Lightweight and compact, carry on harness or in a pocket
- Sleeve provides smooth handling and protects surfaces
- Firm and flexible, easy to manipulate for hard to reach places
- High strength opens options for choker configuration (girth hitch)
- 3 year lifespan (UV exposure), +2 years when stored in dark, dry place
- EN 795:2012 Type B
- EN 354:2010
- CEN TS 16415:2013 (2 people)